Position: Director of Content Curation
ONEder is a leading provider of SaaS solutions for special education teachers and administrators across the United States. Based in Newark, NJ, we partner with school districts and agencies that serve individuals with disabilities who use our platform to make data-driven decisions, monitor student progress, facilitate co-teaching, and deliver their general curriculum content with appropriate accommodations and supports based on each student’s Individualized Education Program (IEP). We are looking for a full time Director of Digital Content Curation to develop and maintain an academic and functional online lesson library for educators.
In this newly-created role, the Director of Content Curation will be responsible for the creation and ongoing curation of our academic and functional online lesson library for educators, playing a vital role in every aspect of content development. You will be responsible for working closely with all departments within ONEder to ensure the successful development and implementation of our content library.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Director of Content Curation will:
- Develop a plan, budget, timeline, and process for developing our content library
- Identify and initiate conversations with potential academic and functional content partners
- Vet open source content for quality and accessibility
- Build and manage a team of independent lesson writer contractors
- Work under a tight deadline and creatively within budget
- Collaboratively identify and meet clients needs with business development
- Ensure co-branding messaging is on point with the marketing team
- Work closely with operations to handle negotiations
- Transform the online library vision into reality with the product team
- Create measurable goals to monitor the on-going effectiveness of the content library
- Ensure engagement and implementation of the content library with our educators
- Continuous maintain the content library.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Content Curation will have:
- 5+ years of experience successfully managing large ed tech projects from start to finish
- An interest in working for an educational technology in a startup environment
- A positive attitude, be collaborative, and a flexible team player
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Understand principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL), differentiation, and best practices for students with disabilities
- Experience teaching, especially students with disabilities, a plus
- Experience using project management software and creating efficient, effective development processes
- Knowledge of common accessibility and accommodation requirements for students with disabilities.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full medical and dental benefits, 401(k)
- 15 days of paid vacation per year
- 8 paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday per year, 6 paid sick days per year